Simple Tips for Email Marketing
Email marketing is a proven way to get your brand out to thousands of prospects. While it is considered one of the oldest forms of online marketing, it still continues to be the most effective. In order for you to get a great response from your email, it has to be engaging and a lot of people are finding it more and more difficult to do that.
Here are 7 simple tips to get a better response from your email marketing campaigns:
• Use an engaging subject line – What is the first thing most people see when they get your email… the subject line. Did you know that 33% of email recipients open email based on subject line alone? So if it is not intriguing or captivating, chances are they won’t open it. Keep it short, 50 characters at most.
• Keep it short – If your email reads more like a novel than an email, it probably won’t make it past the first line before it is deleted. Readers often skim emails for keywords and phrases, so keep the message short, simple and to the point.
• Include Alt Text with Images – Many email clients don’t display images by default, so it’s important to add ALT text to all your images. This ensures recipients have a meaningful description of what they would be seeing. Many visually impaired recipients use programs that rely on the ALT text to help them read emails.
• Make it Mobile Friendly – Did you know that 74% of smartphone owners use their device to check their emails? If your email isn’t optimized for mobile devices, there’s a high chance it will get deleted due to being unreadable.
• Proof it before hitting SEND – Nothing is worse than hitting send on an email only to find out there was a typo or broken link. When you finish creating your email, have as many people as possible proof it before sending it out. Check spelling and grammar, and make sure all your links or buttons are working properly.
• Don’t Forget your CTA! – Every email you send needs to have a CTA (Call to Action). A reader needs to know what to do when they’re done reading. Whether it’s Learn More or Shop Now, a strong CTA will help the reader take action and continue the conversation. Make sure it stands out and only have one; any more may confuse the reader.
• Include Links – Use the CTA to drive your readers to your website whether it is to a landing page or blog posts. Chances are once they are redirected to your website, they will want to look around to find more information about your company.
When it comes to connecting with prospects, email marketing is a great way to get their attention. Make sure it is done properly. By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a great email marketing campaign.
Still unsure about email marketing? Contact us today to see how it can help you!